- Decide on a debatable topic
Before starting to write a thesis, you should consider the issue. Choosing a topic for your essay may seem no challenge, but in fact, it is an arduous task. The topic of your essay has to be controversial enough, to bring food for thought every reader.
Your keen interest in the topic is crucial because having in-depth knowledge of the issue you will find substantial arguments easily. You should think about issue, which you can back up with lots of evidence and facts. You may have a firm belief, but you need to learn how to explain its importance to others and sound logical and reasonable.
While looking for some information and exploring the topic, write down a short list of points to emphasize on in your writing. You will spend some time doing this, while PaperLeaf essay writers can do your essay fast and perfectly.
- Mind every topic has two sides
After you have chosen the controversial topic, it’s time to think over both sides of the problem. Your task is outline both sides in your essay. Of course, you can support one side of the problem, but you have to consider your readers may back up other side. Prepare your back up thoughts for both sides to demonstrate deep understanding of chosen issue.
- Prepare evidence
When you think of making an argument, you may picture a loud quarrel between two angry people. It is because arguments are frequently associated with heated emotions. But when it comes to academic writing, your arguments act as proofs, which maintain your claim.
In your essay, arguments shouldn’t create too much drama. You have to show two sides of the topic concisely and add a proof, fact or event that can demonstrate why one of two positions or sides is the right one.
After all the preparation is done, it’s time to work on the structure.
Argumentative essay structure outline
Once you gathered ideas and prepared lists with back up thoughts, you can start crafting your paper. An argumentative essay, like all the others papers, has to consist of three obligatory parts. Those are an introduction, main bodies, and conclusions.
- The introduction is the first paragraph of your paper. It has to contain a concise explanation of the chosen topic and background information. But the primary constituent of your introduction is a thesis statement. The thesis is frequently the last sentence of the introduction. This short sentence should describe your attitude to the issue and explain the reason for such position. \
- Main bodies. After you have outlined your topic and attitude, it’s time to work on arguments. They should start with your claim. A claim is your statement that has to be supported by evidence. Evidence is information from trusted sources. General knowledge can’t be presented as evidence; they have to be facts, statistics or events that are related to your topic.
In the central part, you have to predict the readers’ reaction to your claims and evidence. Your opponents can have a controversial opinion, and you have to prepare strong refutation based on solid evidence to beat them.
- Conclusion. In the last paragraph, you have to remind reader the importance of the chosen issue. But make it concise and logical. Then you are to picture a state of things if your arguments are approved or rejected. It’s a really daunting task, but PaperLeaf professionals are experienced in creating powerful conclusions.
When the craft of the paper is done, let’s proceed to format.
Argumentative essay format
Formatting your text is the last phase of writing. To format your paper properly, make sure you presented the material in succession. Divide your whole text into logical paragraphs, but ensure all the bodies are united by your topic. The introduction has to contain thesis statement and be short and concise. Main bodies have to be more informative. Each argument, which consists of claim and evidence, has to be outlined in an individual paragraph. Make laconic conclusions, but it is not recommended to paraphrase the thesis – write the thoughts you have developed exploring the topic.
There are some basic tips on how to format papers correctly. It is necessary to establish margins to make the frame of white space over the text. Use Georgia or Arial font – they are easy to read.
After reading these tips, you probably got rid of all your writing fears. But if you are still confused, PaperLeaf writer is ready to save you from worries. They can craft an essay from scratch and prove every point you have in your mind!